These terms and conditions form the basis of the contract through which British Canoeing (“we” or “us”) will provide a product – including any eLearning courses – to you as a customer (“you”). Please read these terms carefully before you submit your order to us. These terms tell you who we are, how we will provide products to you, how you and we may change or end the contract, what to do if there is a problem and other important information. All rights not expressly granted in these terms are hereby reserved. By placing an order you are agreeing that you have read, understood and agree to these terms and conditions. You also agree to review this agreement periodically to ensure that you are aware of any amendments to this agreement.
1. About us this site and Badminton elearning provision is administered by British Canoeing. British Canoeing is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 01525484. Our registered office is:British Canoeing National Water Sports Centre Adbolton Lane Holme Pierrepont Nottingham NG12 2LU
You can find everything you need to know about us, British Canoeing (including British Canoeing Awarding Body) and our products on our website before you order. We also confirm the key information to you in writing after you order, either by email, or in your online account. You can contact us through the Contacts Page here.
2. General Terms When you purchase a product or service from us you are agreeing that:
- 2.1. We only accept orders when we’ve checked them. We then contact you to confirm we’ve received and accepted your order.
- 2.2.Sometimes we reject orders. This may happen where for example we can’t verify your age (where the product is age-restricted), the product is no longer available or because the product was mispriced by us. When this happens, we let you know as soon as possible and refund any sums you have paid.
- 2.3. We charge you when you order your product.
- 2.4. We charge interest on late payments. If we’re unable to collect any payment you owe us we charge interest on the overdue amount at the rate of 4% a year above the Bank of England base rate from time to time. This interest accrues on a daily basis from the due date until the date of actual payment of the overdue amount.
- 2.5. We’re not responsible for delays outside our control. If our supply of your product is delayed by an event outside our control, we contact you as soon as possible to let you know and do what we can to reduce the delay. As long as we do this, we won’t compensate you for the delay. If the delay is likely to be substantial you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to end the contract and receive a refund for any products you have paid for in advance, but not received.
- 2.6. If you bought online, you have a legal right to change your mind before accessing your product. You have 14 days after the date we confirm your order to change your mind about a purchase, but you lose this right when you access any eLearning course.
- 2.7. You have rights if there is something wrong with your product. See Section 8 for details.
- 2.8. We can change products and these terms. We may change a product to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements or to implement minor technical adjustments and improvements, for example to address a security threat. We may update digital content, provided that the digital content always matches the description of it that we provided to you before you bought it. We might ask you to install these updates.
- 2.9. We can suspend supply (and you have rights if we do). We can suspend the supply of a product. We may do this to:
- deal with technical problems or make minor technical changes;
- update the product to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements; or
- make changes to the product (see We can change products and these terms).
- We let you know, may adjust the price and may allow you to terminate. We contact you in advance to tell you we’re suspending supply, unless the problem is urgent or an emergency.
- 2.10. We can withdraw products. We can stop providing a product, such as a subscription for digital content. We let you know at least 2 weeks in advance and we refund any sums you’ve paid in advance for products which won’t be provided.
- 2.11. We can end our contract with you. We can end our contract with you for a product and claim any compensation due to us if:
- you don’t make any payment to us when it’s due and you still don’t make payment within 7 days of our reminding you that payment is due;
- you don’t, within a reasonable time of us asking for it, provide us with information, cooperation or access that we need to provide the product.
- You abuse or misuse the SAROLA site or any of our eLearning courses.
- 2.12. We don’t compensate you for all losses caused by us or our products. We’re responsible for losses you suffer caused by us breaking this contract unless the loss is:
- Unexpected. It was not obvious that it would happen and nothing you said to us before we accepted your order meant we should have expected it (so, in the law, the loss was unforeseeable).
- Caused by a delaying event outside our control.
- Avoidable. Something you could have avoided by taking reasonable action. For example, damage to your own digital content or device, which was caused by digital content we supplied and which you could have avoided by following our advice to apply a free update or by correctly following the installation instructions or having the minimum system requirements advised by us.
- A business loss. It relates to your use of a product for the purposes of your trade, business, craft or profession
- 2.13. We use your personal data as set out in our Privacy Notice. How we use any personal data you give us is set out in Section 9.
- 2.14. Other important terms apply to our contract with you as detailed in the remainder of these Terms and Conditions.
3. Our eLearning Courses
- 3.1. We are the sole owners of the intellectual property rights to our courses and their content. That means that you cannot copy or reproduce them without our permission. To seek permission to use content, please complete the following form: httpss://www.britishcanoeingawarding.org.uk/use-of-copyright-material-request-form/
- 3.2. You will access your eLearning courses via the Badminton elearning website, so to access your course you will need access to the internet throughout. You access this system using your unique username and password created at checkout when you purchase your first course. You can reset your password at any time.
- 3.3. Each eLearning course is for use by one person only and is not transferable.
- 3.4. You will receive a certificate of completion on completion of the eLearning course. The date shown on your certificate will be the first date of completion and this cannot be changed, for example if you complete the course again in future.
- 3.5. Period of validity – there is no expiration date or set period for course completion, and there is no limit on the number of times you may view the course content. However, courses may be withdrawn with reasonable notice in future at our discretion if software or content changes warrant this.
- 3.6. All products are delivered in the English language only. This includes the learning platform interface, content of the courses, user instructions, and any learner support. For specific access needs, please contact us through the Contacts Page here.
- 3.7. While there is no obligation for us to update course content, we may do so in future without informing you including when applicable regulations or updated industry best practice require. This will not affect the quality or nature of the eLearning.
- 3.8. We do not give any representation, warranty or undertaking in relation to any of our eLearning courses, or confirm that a particular course is correct for you. You should contact us before purchase if you are unsure of your learning needs.
4. Accessing learning through the website
- 4.1. The minimum requirements for accessing our eLearning courses are as follows:
- Internet: DSL or higher
- Bandwidth: 700Kbps or more
- Internet Browser: the latest version of Google Chrome, Safari, Microsoft Edge or Firefox.
- Pop-up window settings: your internet browser needs to allow pop-up windows for httpss://learning.badmintonengland.co.uk/.
- Mobile devices: if you access the course on a mobile device you will need:
- Chrome (latest iOS/iPadOS or Android OS 6 or later);
- latest version of Safari (latest iOS/iPadOS)
- 4.2. Please note these requirements are subject to change as technology and platforms develop. We will endeavour to keep you updated as to any changes that are made. If you have any questions about the above, please contact us using the Contacts Page here.
- 4.3. We will endeavour to give you uninterrupted access to your eLearning course. However, this may be interrupted from time to time due to force majeure events or reasonably required software maintenance. If this happens we will endeavour to restore access as soon as reasonably possible.
5. Purchase of Physical Products
- 5.1. For purchases of physical products, these will be dispatched by post to the delivery address given at payment. Dispatch will be within 3 working days of receipt of payment.
- 5.2. Postage is included in the cost of physical products, and products will be sent by Royal Mail second class, untracked.
6. Pricing and Payment
- 6.1. Payment for all products is taken at the time of purchase via the 3rd party payment provider Stripe. Payment can be made by credit and debit card only. Payment is made in GB sterling, and you need to pay any relevant currency conversion fees and/or sales tax.
- 6.2. We reserve our right to review and change the pricing of any of our products. This will not affect products that have already been purchased and the price will always be clearly viewable prior to purchase.
- 6.3. If you are using a coupon to purchase a course, coupon details must be entered at time of payment. The coupon must not be shared beyond the intended recipient(s).
7. Cancellation and Refunds
- 7.1. As you have purchased online, you have a legal right to change your mind before accessing your product. You have 14 days after the date we confirm your order to change your mind about a purchase or in the case of physical goods, 14 days after we deliver your product.
- 7.2. Where you have purchased an eLearning course, you lose this right to cancel when you start to access or stream your e-Learning course even if it is within the 14 day period.
- 7.3. If you change your mind and wish to cancel your order you should contact our Customer Service Team through the Contacts Page here. We refund you as soon as possible and within 14 days of you telling us you’ve changed your mind or in the case of physical goods that you’re sending back to us, we refund you within 14 days of receiving them back from you (or receiving evidence you’ve sent them to us). We refund you by the method you used for payment. We don’t charge a fee for the refund although in the case of physical goods you have to return the product to us at your own cost.
8. Complaints and Disputes
- 8.1.If you have purchased an eLearning course, the Consumer Rights Act 2015 says digital content must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality:
- 8.1.1. If your digital content is faulty, you’re entitled to a repair or a replacement.
- 8.1.2. If the fault can’t be fixed, or if it hasn’t been fixed within a reasonable time and without significant inconvenience, you can get some or all of your money back.
- 8.1.3. If you can show the fault has damaged your device and we haven’t used reasonable care and skill, you may be entitled to a repair or compensation.
- 8.2. If you have purchased a physical product, the Consumer Rights Act 2015 says goods must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality. During the expected lifespan of your product your legal rights entitle you to the following:
- 8.2.1. Up to 30 days: if your goods are faulty, then you can get a refund.
- 8.2.2. Up to six months: if your goods can’t be repaired or replaced, then you’re entitled to a full refund, in most cases.
- 8.2.3. Up to six years: if your goods do not last a reasonable length of time you may be entitled to some money back.
- 8.3. If you think there is something wrong with your product, you should contact us in the first instance through the Contacts Page here, where we will endeavour to resolve any issues you may be having.
- 8.4. If you remain unhappy or do not feel the issue has been adequately resolved you can complain in accordance with our Complaints policy.
- 8.5. In addition to the above, there are several further options for resolving disputes with us. You can resolve disputes through alternative dispute resolution which is an optional process where an independent body considers the facts of a dispute and seeks to resolve it, without you having to go to court. In addition, you are entitled to go to court. These terms are governed by English law and wherever you live you can bring claims against us in the English courts. If you live in Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland, you can also bring claims against us in the courts of the country you live in. We can claim against you in the courts of the country you live in.
9. Data Protection
- 9.1. British Canoeing is a privacy conscious organisation and is strongly committed to an individual’s right to privacy. All data gathered during the order process will only be utilised to process your order, support your website experience, and fulfil your learning outcomes. Any personal data provided will be processed and stored in compliance with the British Canoeing Data Protection Policy and in accordance with all applicable Data Protection laws in effect at the time of your order, including but not limited to, the Data Protection Act 2018 and the UK GDPR.
- 9.2. Where you have purchased an eLearning course from British Canoeing Awarding Body, data may be shared securely with your Delivery Centre for the purpose of updating your learning activity on your membership record.
- 9.3. Where you have purchased an eLearning course from Paddles Up Training, data may be shared securely with British Canoeing Awarding Body for the purpose of updating your learning activity and obtaining any applicable qualification.
- 9.4. Where you have purchased an eLearning course from Badminton England, data may be shared securely with Badminton England for the purpose of updating your learning activity and confirming course completion.
- 9.5. Further information on British Canoeing’s approach to privacy and data protection, including our privacy notices, policies and contact details, can be located in our Privacy Centre (httpss://www.britishcanoeing.org.uk/about/privacy-centre). Should you wish any data we hold relating to you to be deleted at any point, you should contact us at GDPR@britishcanoeing.org.uk.
10. Other Important terms
- 10.1. Nobody else has any rights under this contract. This contract is between you and us. Nobody else can enforce it and neither of us will need to ask anybody else to sign-off on ending or changing it.
- 10.2. If a court invalidates some of this contract, the rest of it will still apply. If a court or other authority decides that some of these terms are unlawful, the rest will continue to apply.
- 10.3. Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later. We might not immediately chase you for not doing something (like paying) or for doing something you’re not allowed to, but that doesn’t mean we can’t do it later.
11. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- 11.1. These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and you can bring legal proceedings in the English courts. If you live in Scotland, you can bring legal proceedings in either the Scottish or English courts. If you live in Northern Ireland, you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Northern Irish or the English courts.